- February 28, 2018
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Followed by networking drinks
‘Looking to the long-term: hearing the public interest voice in energy and water’
What is the long-term public interest in energy and water? How can the public interest ‘voice’ be effectively heard, today and tomorrow?
Over the past three years, Sustainability First’s New Energy and Water Public Interest Network (‘New-Pin’) has brought together customer champions, think-tanks and NGOs with regulators, reps from Government and market actors from across the energy and water sectors to create a public interest voice. The New-Pin Network has unpacked some of the most intractable issues for both sectors – including affordability, resilience and sustainability, trust and confidence.
This major conference will identify desired long-term public interest outcomes for the sectors and set out how these can be delivered through markets, regulation, engagement and governance. It will showcase the findings of the New-Pin project and open a discussion on how public interest outcomes can be embedded in the sectors for the future; putting consumers and citizens at the center of decision-making.
You are warmly invited to take part in the discussion and hear our exciting line-up of speakers including:
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of the Environment Agency
- David Gray, Chair of Ofgem
- Lord Deben, Chair of the Committee on Climate Change
- Lawrence Slade, Chief Executive of Energy UK
- Zoe McLeod, Chair of the South East Water Customer Challenge Group
- Dr Chris Harris, Head of Retail Regulation, npower
- Sonia Brown, Director of UK Regulatory Policy and Public Affairs, Visa Europe
The conference will close at 5.00pm and be followed by networking drinks.
Venue: Church House